Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Impervious to Google

So, to all of my fellow law students facing the interview process: take caution. If I were a law firm, I would totally google you.

Why, then, am I so unconcerned? Why do I laugh at your misfortune while sipping a vodka gimlet and sashaying around my apartment? A great man has spared me the threat of Google, a man whose vision and intelligence paved the way for American dominance in the 2oth century. I speak of James McDonnell, founder of McDonnell Douglas.

Coincidentally, the worthwhile James McDonnell also grew up in Little Rock, though of course he ended up in St. Louis. A building at Wash U in St. Louis is named after him, which is probably why they admitted me to their law school. Little did they realize that I have no connection to the man or his money.

Anyway, my point is, googling me is like trying to find a Muslim on a bus full of Indians: even when you think you've figured it out, you might accidentally have a Jew, because both religions circumcise. The confusion can only benefit me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home