Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I Am Not the Craziest!

So, my last post might leave you with the impression that I'm... unstable. Fair enough, but I've got nothing on Pat Robertson. Apparently he wants to assassinate the president of Venezuala.

A little background: Chavez was democratically elected, but has done some shady stuff and likes to use populist rhetoric. He was deposed in a coup a few years ago, but was restored. The US embarrassingly supported the coup, or at least failed to condemn it, since the Bush administration disliked Chavez's left-wing politics. Among other things, Venezuala provides cheap oil to Cuba.

Anyway, I won't go into the various reasons that it's not a good idea to assassinate anyone in most circumstances, let alone someone who is democratically elected and not perpetrating any major human rights abuses. I'll just note that as long as there's a Pat Robertson, I won't be the craziest man alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home