Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Catholicism's Tragic Asymptote

So Dan Savage, guest blogging over at Andrew Sullivan's blog, made an interesting point right around here:

"Santorum doesn’t just believe that the state should have the right to regulate gay sex out of existence, but two out of three most popular straight sex acts too."

I spent a little while trying to figure out which 3 sex acts Savage was talking about, but I could only narrow it down to 4. Then I realized it doesn't really matter - his point is actually that at least n-1 out of anyone's n favorite sex acts are banned by the Catholic Church. Two out of three is actually about as mild as it gets - try 9 out of 10 or 49 out of 50.

And then I thought, I'm awfully glad I'm not a Catholic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home