Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Potato Cooked in a Punjabi Village Style

So I've cooked this recipe from World Vegetarian, by Madhur Jaffrey, three times in the last three days. Partly that's because I had a lot of ingredients I wanted to get rid of, but mostly it's because it's so much fun to prepare. Lots of chopping, and then frying onions. Frying onions, by the way, is the cat's pajamas. They hiss when you throw them in the hot oil, and after a bit they take on a rich reddish brown color. I'm not saying that chopping onions is fun. Today I cried for 5 minutes.

So the deal is, if you want to try some potatoes cooked in a Punjabi village style, just let me know. I will so totally cook them for you. They're not really a complete meal, unfortunately, but they'd be great accompanying some rich source of protein. I'm not saying you should eat meat, I'm just strongly implying it.

So yeah, this is an open invitation to come over and have a meal here. Or I can bring the potatoes, and we can have everyone bring something, and maybe eat dinner and hang out and drink beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home