Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Friday, August 26, 2005

Where's My Echo?

So I wish we could interview in sandals. Law firms are coming to campus to interview for jobs, and I'm expected to wear a suit and shiny shoes. The thing is, I'd like to show off my toes.

I was looking at my feet earlier, and I have to say, they look great. I did a really good job clipping my nails this time around. Plus, one time I wore sandals to visit my friends at work, and a girl asked me if I shave my feet. The answer is no: one of the things Irish blood is good for is having relatively hairless toes.

My toes look so cute right now. They're clean and well-trimmed. They look like vestigial little fingers atrophied by millennia of evolution. I feel confident that if law firms went by toes alone, I would get a great job. I want to wear sandals and casually fold my legs so that my toes are easily visible.

Now one thing that worries me is that my pinky toes have weird nails. Instead of growing along the surface of the toe, the nails kind of stick out and are tiny. My mom told me this happened because I was a premature baby. I'm not so sure. Otherwise, though, my toes are great. They're kind of skinny, but then the tips are soft and bulbous.

My ankles are okay, not great. I'd like to think that someone who loved me would find them cute, but otherwise they're just acceptable. My feet used to hurt after standing for hours washing dishes in the cafeteria. Then I would go home and take my shoes off and wiggle my toes and feel great.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I take pride in my feet. They're not perfect, but they're probably the best thing about me. I just wish I could make the interviewers understand that.

UPDATE: fixed grammar mistake

UPDATE 2: How embarrassing. Fixed spelling mistake in first update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home