Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bushwick, a Dump?

So I'll be living in Bushwick this summer. It's a neighborhood in Brooklyn that has been described as "up and coming." I live in an "up and coming" neighborhood right now, which apparently means that shootings only happen at night, so I don't think I'll have much trouble adjusting. I also won't be far from the subway.

Anyway, the reason all of this matters is that Bushwick is going to be the place to be on early Sunday afternoons. Why? Brunch.

More specifically, bloody Mary's (the drink, not the sex act) (unless you're into that kind of thing). One problem for summer associates at big New York law firms is that there aren't enough opportunities to drink large quantities of alcohol. I'll whip up some of my famous apple-oatmeal-brown sugar muffins, or maybe the peach-cinnamon ones. Then we'll lounge in the yard drinking bloody Mary's and gossiping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home