Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Acid: Not Worth It

I've always been something of a rebel. In grade school there was a poster that said, "Why do you think they call it dope?" I wanted to write beneath it, "Why do you think they call it ecstacy?"

I've stayed away from most drugs, though, even though the first hit is usually free. This morning I woke up and had some yogurt while Alan drank green tea. Here's the crazy part: the yogurt actually tasted a bit like green tea. Even though I could only have been smelling the green tea, it seemed as though I was tasting it. This is known as sensory crossover, and it sometimes happens to people who are on acid. They can "feel" sounds or "see" tastes.

Anyway, having experienced it, I can't say it was that great. Sure, it was tasty yogurt, but not much tastier than regular old Breyers fruit on the bottom. My advice: stay away from LSD. If you really want to experience sensory crossover, get some green tea ice cream and pretend you ordered vanilla.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um... you do realize that smell and taste are very closely linked, right? Most of what you consider "taste" is actually smell. If you give people food and plug their noses, they can't distinguish between many different common tastes.

- Dice

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home