Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Good Morning, I'm Ba'al Bedwards

In Little Rock we listened to NPR on the way to school every day. I don't have the best hearing, and I thought Bob Edwards was Ba'al (as in the pagan god) Bedwards. Eventually I realized my mistake, but not before a severe crisis of faith.

Anyway, I miss NPR. The voices and the music are comforting. The journalism is also simply the best that I know of. The problem is that NPR was always a car activity for me, except that sometimes we would turn on Car Talk on Sunday evenings while making dinner. Now that I don't have a car, I don't really have much opportunity to listen to NPR. I suppose I could just set aside a certain time every day to listen, but it's not easy because you can't do anything that occupies your mind while listening.

Ideally I would be able to listen to NPR on the subway ride to work this summer, but I suspect radio reception isn't very good in the tunnels. It's strange that it would be easier to listen to NPR in Little Rock than it is in Chicago or than it will be in New York.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NPR has a ton of podcasts available for download. Just set up your podcast supscriptions and sync your device in the morning before you roll. Nice thing is that you can skip the shows that aren't interesting and move to other segments

-Dan

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home