Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Friday, December 02, 2005

Meet my Friends Part 2

So, I'll continue with my profiles of friends. I'm going in order of those whose names mean holy water, followed by those named after camera companies.

Konica and I first bonded when we realized that we both hate everyone, especially Dave. Later we realized that we are both very lazy and hate law school. We bluffed our way through OCI and do our best to support the struggling alcoholic beverage industry. Konica was named after the Konica Minolta company, which provides imaging products such as cameras and printers.

Konica's great virtue is that she makes everyone feel like part of the group, welcome and at ease. Konica can create a group dynamic that isn't based on exclusion, but is simply based on having fun. When you're around Konica, you feel as though you're at the center of the world. It must be a little like being Tony Blair or Jack Straw.

Lately we haven't hung out much, perhaps because Konica moved up north and I moved to Woodlawn. Another thing that's come between us is that I am beginning to suspect that Konica doesn't hate everyone after all. Hey, Konica, if you want to be my friend you're going to have to hate me.

There's probably more to say about Konica, but I'm buzzed on scotch and tired. If you want to know her better you'll just have to introduce yourself and kick a dog or something. That cracks her up every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home