Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, June 13, 2005

Outsource Me

I always assumed that, as a lawyer, I would be protected from outsourcing by the fact that laws are different in other countries. This was pretty stupid in retrospect; there's nothing to keep Indians from learning American law and bidding down our salaries, as this article makes clear. I guess this is a good thing, although it might have a bad effect on the Indian justice system if their best lawyers study American, rather than Indian, law. It would be pretty funny, too, if Indian law started slipping into American legal briefs, then into American opinions, and then into American constitutional law. Pretty soon the Supreme Court will ban monkeys from D.C., and then where will Congress convene?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home