Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Not So Unique

Whatever else you could say about me, I like to think that I'm a fairly unique person. Or at least, I used to think so. Now I'm not so sure. Konica recently observed that we are, contrary to expectations, quite similar to each other. The only differences I've come up with are that Konica likes to dance, and that she hasn't blown the entire lineup of the St. Louis Cardinals. I have a hunch that one of those differences is about to disappear, leaving only... the other one.

This undermines the notion that there is anything special about me. Or does it? Consider this: you've never seen me and Konica in the same room. True, we have separate blogs, but the posts are almost identical in style and content. We both go to the same school, live in the same building, and have the same friends. We even had the same Bigelow. At some point "coincidence" stops being an adequate explanation; the sheer statistical unlikelihood of all these things being true is astounding. The conclusion is inescapable. We are the same person.

This breakthrough has many consequences, which I'm still sorting through. The big one, though, is that we should all go get a mango lassi. Again. Because we are the same person, and we love mango lassi.

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Konica, let me straighten a few things out. This series of comments is an internal monologue. You have no existence independent of me. I could award myself the Platinum Nica if I wanted to, but I don't.

You see, I'm the straw that stirs the drink. I'm the cat's pajamas, and you are one of my avatars. Your attempt to entice me with your awards and accolades is as futile as it is adorable. James is Konica, and Konica is James.

Giving me a Platinum Nica would be like giving Alfred Nobel a Nobel prize. It would be shipping coals to Newcastle. It would be Cass Sunstein signing a copy of his latest book for himself.

DOGGY!

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home