Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hyde Park 1

So it's about time that I mention some of my favorite parts of Hyde Park. I'll start with food, since... well, since that's mostly what I care about. Some people don't like Chicago-style pizza, but if you do, I highly recommend Edwardo's. The stuffed spinach pizza is amazing. It takes a while to bake, so plan ahead.

The Medici bakery is decent, I suppose. Its bread is quite good. Bonjour, though, is my favorite. It's in the same shopping center as the Co-0p, just off 55th and Lake Park. The morning rolls are excellent, as are the almond croissants. Closed Mondays.

For Mediterranean food, you can go to Cedars up on 53rd, but I prefer the Nile on 55th. The hummus is fabulous, and the falafel sandwich is tasty and cheap.

My big complaint about Hyde Park dining is that there isn't a good Indian place, unless you count Rajun Cajun. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home