Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Life Update 1

So, I'm in Chicago, but tomorrow I head down to Peoria for a few days. I'll probably play a lot of Star Wars Galaxies, which I'll describe more fully in another post - suffice it to say that it's immersive and distressingly addictive. I'm mulling over some things Tarun told me about my last post (he's apparently too good for the comments section), so I'll be writing a follow-up to that pretty soon. I'll stop by my former place of employment, French Toast, and whip them back into shape. I want to try out Linux, not because Windows isn't working for me, but because Microsoft is really making me angry. Finally, I'm thinking of starting a student group at the University of Chicago law school, to discuss technology and the law. Apparently there are already a "Law and Internet Forum" and an "Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Society," but I had heard of neither of them before writing this post, and neither really seems on-point. I think it's important to realize that the open-source battle is partly being fought in courtrooms, but of course the group would deal with a lot of other issues.

So, that's my boring life. Sleep, now, and then hopefully a quick stop by the library before we leave for Peoria.