Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, April 11, 2005

But I Have DVDs!

I was talking to my friend, and I mentioned that I don't dance well. She pointed out that guys who can dance well are fun. True, I responded, but I have some really funny DVDs.

How good a response is this?

There's an old argument about the inheritance of wealth and its effect on equality. The idea is that you don't earn the money you inherit, but neither do you earn the genes you inherit. Money might make things less equal, but it might help to balance out the differences in genetic endowments, resulting in more equality.

The logic also applies to dancing. You can be born a good dancer, or you can work really hard, earn money, and make up for your deficiency. Wealth provides an alternative technology for attracting women. At least, I hope it does. Surely having funny DVDs isn't good enough, but the point is that there is a market in which you can convert hard work to money to things women like.

What this suggests is that the sentiment that women are too attracted to rich guys might not be true even if women do in fact prefer rich guys. It might be fairer than a system in which money doesn't matter at all. Then again, it might not; but it sure seems better to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger. I was searching for the latest information on work at home online and somehow, which I don't understand, found your site. Although But I Have DVDs! wasn't what I was interested in, I'm sure glad I found your site. I'll keep on looking for work at home online but I just had to comment on how much I enjoyed reading the comments here. work at home online I bookmarked your site.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home