Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I Called It!

I think I see what's going on here:

Military attachés from the United States and several other Western nations are discreetly contacting senior Pakistani generals and asking them to press General Musharraf to back down from the emergency decree he issued Saturday, according to Western diplomats.

And I called it!

Incidentally, this mirrors closely what we did in Bangladesh - there, we told the generals that their UN peacekeeping jobs were at risk if the elections went through as planned, and by coincidence the generals took over the government that day. I wonder what we're telling the Pakistani generals?

[UPDATE: see also Yglesias. Please note that Pakistan has gotten ~$10 billion in the last several years, most of it military aid (see my previous post, in which I called it).]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home