Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, October 15, 2007

James, James

Twice at work today I typed things that, while incorrect, wouldn't have been caught by spellcheck.

The first one came when I was describing a lawyer's approach to an area of law. I meant to type, "By the same token..." but I ended up typing, "By the same toke..." This would be a funny thing to slip into someone's thesis while he's away from his computer, although I guess it's a little contingent.

The other one was slightly more worrisome. A lawyer named Chris told me to check in with another lawyer. I was running late, so I sent him an e-mail: "Christ told me to stop by at..." I caught it in time, but how awkward would that be? How would that look on my performance review? "James is lazy and turns in mediocre work product, and he thinks that God talks to him."

If you want to know what's causing all these problems, see my previous post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home