Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, May 07, 2007

My AmeriCone Dream

It's fairly amazing how the internet is changing the way we get information. Now, I should admit that I'm indulging myself here, because I hate the way a lot of bloggers engage in triumphalist gee-whiz bullshit about the internet. Moreover, my example is trivial. It's exactly the kind of thing I hate. But...

I am a fan of the Colbert Report. I've been wanting to try Stephen's new Ben & Jerry's flavor, AmeriCone Dream. I've checked several times at various supermarkets, to no avail. I decided to contact Ben & Jerry's and express my frustration.

However, their website contact section directed me to a FAQ on precisely this subject. That directed me to the No Fact Zone, a Colbert fansite. The No Fact Zone people have set up a Google map so that people from around the country can post locations at which they've found AmeriCone Dream. Turns out they stock it at a small mart in a university building here, so I am now the proud owner of some AmeriCone Dream. It's quite good, although I have to say the waffle cone bits are a little soggy. Oh, I like it soggy. I don't care how fucking soggy it is. Other people might not like the sogginess, though.

Anyway, the internet worked pretty damn well for AmeriCone Dream location, thanks to a mix of corporate and individual efforts. Bringing people together, that's what the internet is all about. That, and bringing people quality ice cream.

1 Comments:

Blogger ARE said...

0820jejeLe dernier nike jordan pas cher.com serait la conservation des baskets de collection. Immédiatement après asics france facebook avoir identifié leur choix désiré adidas zx flux femme leopard noir les acheteurs sont nécessaires pour remplir de chaussure nike air presto pas cher leurs informations et faits privés. Le air jordan 11 homme pas cher VR Pro Driver utilise également la asics gel lyte v femme bleu technologie Nike STR8-FIT Tour qui offre 32 air jordan 5 blanche options pour personnaliser l'angle de votre club.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home