Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, May 07, 2007

Everyone Laugh @ ... the WSJ?

From a story on the intertwined destinies of baby boomers and Hispanic immigrants:

By 2020, they will be 55 to 74 years old, with most boomers on the brink of retirement or about to plunge into it.

[me again] So first of all, I question the classification of people born in 1965 as "baby boomers." More importantly, though, what's the difference between being "on the brink of retirement" and being "about to plunge into it"? I suppose the phrases don't necessarily have the exact same meaning, but the difference is eluding me.

I'm also not sure I buy the piece's premise, that seniors will benefit from the economic success of Hispanic immigrants, but that's certainly a possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home