Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Damn Michiganders

So I was trawling through the CIA World Factbook entry on the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and I noticed something odd. Under Disputes - international, the Factbook includes this startling fact:

heads of the Great Lakes states and UN pledge to end conflict but unchecked tribal, rebel, and militia fighting continues unabated in the northeastern region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo... [emphasis added]

This would have been good to know in November! I'm a resident of Illinois, and I almost certainly would have voted against Blagojevich if I had known that his pledges to end conflict were so empty. On the other hand, maybe it's not Blagojevich's fault - I've long suspected that Michigan is up to no good in central Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home