Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Thursday, November 16, 2006

You Can Help Me

So the way it works is that you take a bar class during the summer after law school. Then in August you take the bar exam, and you start work in September. In between the exam and starting work you have about 6 weeks to spend however you like. Many people take a "bar trip," knowing that there won't be a lot of opportunity for travel once work starts.

So assuming I have money, what should I do for my bar trip? Initially I was thinking that San Francisco might be a good destination. I like wine, the weather will probably be nice, it's relatively inexpensive, and I'm increasingly convinced that I might be gay.

However I've been watching "The Wire" on HBO, and it kind of makes me want to check out Baltimore. It seems like a fairly unique city with a lot of local flavor. Now, in a sense that's irrelevant, unfortunately. I don't eat crab, and I wouldn't feel comfortable going to places I might recognize from "The Wire." I could go to an Orioles game and drink some Natty Boh, but that's a pretty superficial way to experience Baltimore culture.

So anyway, you can help! Give me ideas for a good bar trip. Ideally it would be cheap and would introduce me to a part of America I haven't seen before. I'm also open to other suggestions, though. For instance, it might be fun to take a trip across Canada or something. You can help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home