Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fun with Antecedents

From an article about Vietnamese economic growth in the New York Times:

A brightly patterned kerchief protecting her from air pollution, Mrs. Hong said she and her husband, a mechanic who has found work here, have left their year-old son with his parents in their hometown in the central part of the country.

I fondly remember my own childhood, when my parents would dress me up in nice warm clothes, pack me a lunch, and head off to work, leaving me with my parents in the central part of the country.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I generally detest pretentious language (the sort where they cram as many words as they can into one sentence just to make things "flow"), I honestly don't see the ambiguity in that sentence.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home