Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, July 28, 2014

Jobs

For a variety of reasons I often like to sit in my office with my door closed.  (In the winter I need to keep my door closed because otherwise my humidified air will escape, and when the humidity is low enough my facial pain flares up.)

Anyway I recently moved offices, with the result that I have a new mail guy (actually several new mail guys).  And they are always knocking on my door or just opening it without knocking, to see if there is anything in my outbox.  I suppose I will get used to it, but for now it feels needlessly intrusive and disruptive.

And so it occurs to me that I vastly preferred the previous mail guy, who I suppose just decided not to check my mailbox.  Certainly he never knocked on my door unless he had something to deliver.  Probably that was the "wrong" choice on some level, probably it was considered part of his job to check the mailbox, but it worked for me.  I liked it quite a bit in fact.  Sometimes what you need is someone who has a good sense of when to do his job, and when not to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home