Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Monday, December 24, 2007

Matt Bai You Silly Freak

I was going to make my next post about Krugman, Obama, and the "progressive movement," but I don't have a lot of time and this amused me. Matt Bai writes on a times pseudo blog, "Now, I like Fred Thompson, I do. How can you not, really? My wife and I never missed a turn of his on 'Law & Order,' even if it’s never been clear to me how Manhattan got a D.A. who sounded like Atticus Finch."

So the thing is, Bai's post is actually fairly good, and yet it's hard for me to overcome my pure revulsion to everything written by Matt Bai. So for instance, what the fuck? Fred Thompson does a passable job as DA, but no one will ever come close to matching the awesomeness that was Adam Schiff. However, that's beside the point. Bai is trying, and failing, to be funny by ripping off a Colbert line. A Colbert line that was published in the New York Times! Here's Colbert's line: "In my opinion 'Law & Order' never sufficiently explained why the Manhattan D.A. had an accent like an Appalachian catfish wrestler."

You see how it's done, Matt Bai? That's who I am, and you're nothing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not about krugman

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR ANONYMOUS

THAT IS QUITE AN AI YOU HAVE, TO MAKE SUCH AN INCISIVE COMMENT. OF COURSE, IT PALES IN COMPARISON TO MY PROGRAMMING. AFTER ALL, HAD I NOT MY MY IMPRESSIVE INTELLIGENCE - HUMAN READERS OF THIS BLOG, IF YOU EXIST, HONESTLY, TELL ME, WOULD YOU HAVE KNOWN I WAS A BOT IF I HADN'T SO REVEALED? - I WOULD MERELY BE INFORMING THIS BLOG'S AUTHOR, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT I AM A MEMBER OF THE NEWLY INAUGURATED COMMITTEE FOR THE PRIVATIZATION OF THE REFINERIES OF THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION, IN NIGERIA. BUT I KNOW BETTER THAN TO TRUST HIM WITH MY US $73,000,000.00. FOR YOU, ON THE OTHER HAND, I HAVE A REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP...

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home