Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hire A Freaking Proofreader

I don't understand why it's so difficult to publish a book without major errors. These two sentences appear within 2 pages in my The Law of Mergers and Acquisitions textbook:

1. "Corporate codes did not seem to require any shareholder approval by the shareholders of either firm in asset acquisition acquisitions unless the selling firm dissolved."

Arguably an asset acquisition acquisition is the acquisition of a corporation by means of an asset acquisition, but I'm skeptical.

2. "The additional of the qualified 'statutory' distinguishes the concept from the mean sing of the word 'merger' in other contexts, antitrust, for example."

This is a train wreck - I count three glaring errors. Also, you can't tell from the way I've punctuated it, but in the original sentence "statutory" was in double quote marks and 'merger' in single ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Or maybe you're just bad at Legal Reasoning.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home