Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Oki's Movie - Last Chance to See

I finished Teju Cole's Open City a few days ago, and I have been wanting to post my thoughts. However, I am still thinking about the book and may need to re-read it before I can write anything worthwhile.

That said, I want to throw out a quick observation. I just saw "Oki's Movie," and it reminded me strongly of Open City. Perhaps this is because the movie uses a narrative technique similar to one Cole uses in Open City. In both, my initial reaction was unstable and soon gave way to new thoughts. My opinion about each remains unsettled, and I don't know if I will ever reach equilibrium.

If you want to see Oki's movie, your last chance (for a long time, maybe forever) is tomorrow night at 7:30 at the Maysles Institute in Harlem. [UPDATE: I am informed that the movie is easy to acquire illegally on the internet.]

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oakley pas cher, vans pas cher, nike trainers, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, north face, michael kors, lacoste pas cher, nike free run uk, nike roshe, hollister pas cher, hogan, hermes, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, vanessa bruno, michael kors, michael kors, sac guess, nike air max, nike free, air max, timberland, converse pas cher, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, coach purses, burberry, nike blazer, new balance pas cher, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, longchamp, lululemon, nike air max, air jordan pas cher, ray ban uk, hollister, tn pas cher, air force, louboutin pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors, nike huarache, mulberry, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, true religion jeans, nike air max, north face, replica handbags

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, coach outlet, canada goose, canada goose uk, moncler, louis vuitton, replica watches, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, thomas sabo, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses, karen millen, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora charms, barbour, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, ugg pas cher, supra shoes, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose, lancel, ugg boots uk, swarovski, pandora charms, montre pas cher, doke gabbana outlet, converse outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, toms shoes, bottes ugg, links of london, marc jacobs
ninest123 16.02

8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0723

coach outlet
coach outlet
longchamp solde
true religion jeans
dior outlet
ugg outlet
pandora outlet
moncler outlet
ugg boots
james harden jerseys


10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home