Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Almost Perfect

At some point someone needs to come up with a theory of how the Bush administration makes decisions. Of course, the obvious theory is that, for whatever reason, they always make the wrong decision. That theory has a lot of predictive power, but it's not perfect. Here are the known exceptions:

1. Clean diesel.
2. Food procurement process for hunger aid.

Here are the things they've messed up:

1. Everything else.

Discussion

I'm not actually sure they're right about food procurement. Right now a lot of the food we donate has to come from US farmers and be shipped by US shippers. This is clearly inefficient in a static sense, because it makes the food more expensive and slows it down. What's unclear is how much food we would give if there weren't powerful US interests lobbying for it. Personally I would hope that food aid would continue even without as much profit for US corporations, but I can't be sure. Still, on balance I find myself agreeing with Bush on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home