Pur Autre Vie

I'm not wrong, I'm just an asshole

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Have No Tolerance

So today we went to the Simon Weisenthal Museum of Tolerance. It seems to be geared toward 10-year-olds, so it was pretty frustrating. First we learned that it sucks to be a refugee, and we got to ponder whether we want to be good or evil. We answered some questions along the lines of, "Would you support higher taxes with the money going to help refugees? Would you risk American lives to save victims of genocide?" After making our selections on a keypad, I quipped, "I think we just voted for the Iraq war," which the lady made me repeat for everyone - to shame me? I don't know.

The next exhibit asked us to consider common stereotypes. It flashed up on the screen, "Greedy. Promiscuous. Drunk." I blurted out, "Summer associates!" Again, they didn't seem to appreciate it.

I also didn't endear myself by asking, before every exhibit, whether this would be the one on the plight of Palestinian refugees.

So yeah, not only am I probably unwelcome at the Weisenthal Center, I have my doubts about whether anyone at the firm likes me anymore. Oh well. It was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home